All Eyes on Brazil
As the world’s focus turns to Brazil today with the opening of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, we introduce our regional team and let you in on a few facts about what’s happening in South America’s largest country…
Press release | (Updated )
- With a population of 201 million, Brazil is the fifth largest country in the world.
- Brazil is the world’s largest producer of iron ore as well as the world’s largest producer of beef, sugar, coffee and orange juice and is soon to overtake the US as the largest exporter of soya beans on the planet.
- Brazil is home to the sixth largest IT market in the world.
- The world’s largest oil discoveries in recent years have come from Brazil’s offshore, Santos, Campos and Espirito Santo pre-salt basins.
- 90% of Brazil’s oil is produced by deep-water offshore drilling.
- The average waiting time to berth at Santos container terminal is in excess of 10 hours.
- Exports total $242.6 billion and imports, $223.2 billion.
WSS has offices in Macae, Rio De Janeiro, Santos, Sao Luiz and Vitoria and WSS Brazil services 39 ports
Original article published in HELM, issue 02, Dec 2013.