We strongly believe in vessel preservation and maintenance during lay-up. This is essential to ensure vessel performance is optimal when reactivated.
As the first lay-up provider certified by Class, we are well known in the industry for our substantial experience covering both traditional and advanced vessels. We also extend this service to offshore installations. We provide hot and cold lay-up solutions to industry standards by trained professionals.
Lay-up is a proven cost saving alternative in situations where charter rates are below vessel operating cost. Owners can seek short or long-term refuge by laying up their idling vessels. Other reasons why owners choose to lay up their vessels include waiting for the right timing to convert, recycle or sell their assets.
Jan Tynaes, General Manager – Lay-up Operations
What to expect from Hot and Cold lay-ups?
- Total shutdown of vessel with no crew
- Two watchmen on 24/7 watch
- Vessel maintained by dehumidifiers, cathodic protection and preservation of sea water lines/sea chest
- Longer re-commissioning time
- Crew members at minimum safety manning limits can remain on board at all times to maintain and care for the vessel
- Vessel is held within Classification and Flag State requirements
- Machinery kept operational at minimal cost
- Fast re-commissioning time
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
- Our anchorage locations are secure and sheltered from typhoon and monsoon zones
- Excellent holding ground for your ships to anchor safely
- Certified by DNV-GL and Class NK
With professional planning, preparation and execution, we make dry docking predictable and efficient.
We advocate for a safe and sustainable environment so it is not surprising for us to offer green recycling solutions to ships and rigs.
It will soon be a MUST to have an Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM). The coming requirement will be made mandatory by the EU Ship Recycling Regulation 2013 for vessels calling on any EU ports. We provide Class certified IHM for all types of vessels anywhere in the world.
Total supervision of your new building from specification review to delivery.