Last updated: 07/08/2023 06:28:51
CLEANBREAK 25 LTR
- Product group:
- Product number:
Unitor™ Cleanbreak™ is highly effective, economical and self-splitting solvent based cleaner for engine room, machinery spaces and bilges.
UNITOR™ Cleanbreak™ is solvent based degreaser containing self-splitting emulsifiers. It allows the slop water to break into separate oil and water phases.
The main applications are for cleaning in the engine room for machinery spaces, bulkheads, tank tops, bilges and on deck.
- Highly effective, economical solvent cleaner
- Does not contain nonyl phenol ethoxylates or other estrogenic compounds
- Reduces disposal costs and associated problems
- Low toxicity, non corrosive
- Used for general cleaning of machinery spaces, bulkheads, decks, tank tops and any oil/grease soiled areas
- Should be used where slops are required to pass through oily water separators to meet current IMO regulations
- Rapid penetration
- Slop emulsions break into two distinct phases
- Allows oil residues to be reclaimed
|Invent Hazard Material (IMO/EU) classification||C-49|
|Density [g/ml]||0,78- 0,81|
|Flash Point [°C]||Above 61|
|Not Compatible||May swell synthetic rubber|
- This composition meets the criteria for not being harmful to the marine environment according to MARPOL Annex V and may be discharged into the sea when used to clean cargo holds and external surfaces on ships.
- Approved by Blohm+Voss AG for OWS type TCS/HD
- Approved by Marinfloc AB for use in engine rooms
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
Directions for use
The main applications are for cleaning in the engine room for machinery spaces, bulkheads, tank tops and on deck.
Unitor™ Cleanbreak™ is recommended for local cleaning and degreasing of engine rooms, bilges and tank tops. It can be applied by brush, spray, immersion, soaking, or any other conventional means. Unitor™ Cleanbreak is used neat. Allow a residence time of at least 30--60 minutes where possible to ensure good penetration.
Wash down all surfaces using hot water if possible and high pressure water jet. The emulsion residue after cleaning must be allowed to separate in a holding tank over sufficient time before passing through an oily water separator.
To achieve the best results from the splitting action of Unitor™ Cleanbreak™. It is important that no other type of solvent/emulsifying cleaner is used in the engine room.