BILGEWATER FLOCCULANT 25 LTR
- Product group:
- Product number:
Unitor™ Bilge Water Flocculant™ is a very effective liquid treatment based on Poly Aluminium Chloride (PAC) to separate oil residues from bilge water.
Unitor™ Bilge Water Flocculant™ is iron-free, and is completely safe to the environment.
International environmental regulations set strict rules as to the oil content in effluent water from ships. To meet these regulations, a combination of mechanical and chemical cleaning is necessary. Unitor™ Bilge Water Flocculant is used in combination with multistage bilge water cleaning systems that include mechanical separation of free oil, emulsion breaking, flocculation and filtration. After dosing, Unitor™ Bilge Water Flocculant™ breaks the oil-in-water emulsion created by contaminants in lubricating and fuel oils, emulsifying cleaning agents etc. It then destabilizes the remaining small oil droplets and agglomerates them into larger particles (flocs) that are easily collected by filtering.
- Cost-effective bilge water treatment based on specially selected Poly Aluminium Chloride
- Iron-free. Completely safe to the environment
- Acts by both breaking the oil-in-water emulsion and by building flocs
- Remaining oil sludge can be burned onboard or pumped ashore-contains very little water
- Approved by manufacturers of bilge water cleaning systems
- Helps to meet environmental regulations on oil content. Discharged water contains normally less than 3 ppm oil
- Low dosage, economical use
- Effective over an extended pH-range. Eliminates the use of pH-stabilising chemicals
|Invent Hazard Material (IMO/EU) classification||C-49|
|Density [g/ml]||1,30 - 1,36|
|Not Compatible||Corrosive to cast iron as concentrate. Non-corrosive to all metals at use concentration.|
- Approved by manufacturers of bilge water cleaning systems.
Directions for use
Typical dose rate: 100 - 500ppm (0.1 - 0.5 litre/m3 of water)
In a multistage bilge water cleaning system, Unitor™ Bilge Water Flocculant™ is fed undiluted through a dosage pump connected to the pressure side of the oil descaler. The floc tank is fed according to the flow of the bilge water pumped into it. The feed is adjusted in connection with the installation and normally needs no alteration. If required, dosing can also be controlled by measuring the level in the container.