SLIP-COAT 25 LTR
- Product group:
- Product number:
Unitor™ Slip-Coat™ is a water based liquid product specially formulated to leave a thin, temporary non-water resistant film / barrier on cargo hold surfaces.
The film provides a barrier between the cargo and the cargo hold surfaces making the cleaning operation after unloading quicker and easier, and optimal cleaning result is achieved. Unitor™ Slip-Coat™ can be used in cargo holds carrying foodstuff and is safe to the environment and to the personnel handling it, and it will not contaminant the cargo. It is non-corrosive and safe on all coatings.
- Water soluble cargo hold barrier / block -- easily removable with water
- Saves cleaning time and cleaning chemicals
- Ideal when cleaning after coal, pet coke and other difficult cargoes
- Completely safe on all coatings
- Prevents even the most difficult cargo to adhere to the coating
- Easy to apply -- easy to remove
- Provides temporary protection against corrosion
- Water based -- free from hydrocarbon solvents
- Complies with all environmental regulations
- Composition based on FDA listed ingredients
|Invent Hazard Material (IMO/EU) classification||C-49|
|Form||Sligthly viscous liquid|
- This composition meets the criteria for not being harmful to the marine environment according to MARPOL Annex V and may be discharged into the sea when used to clean cargo holds and external surfaces on ships.
Directions for use
After drying, Unitor™ Slip-Coat™ creates a thin, non-sticky film on the cargo hold surfaces. The film substantially facilitates the cleaning before next cargo in two ways:
- The film fills the minute pores in the surface, and prevents small particles from being trapped in the pores.
- Small, solid particles can be very difficult to remove especially from organic coatings, even with the use of effective cleaning agents and high pressure water jets.
The reason is the build up of electromagnetic forces, and sometimes the only way to remove the particles is by scrubbing.
Unitor™ Slip-Coat™ provides a barrier between the particles and the surface that minimizes this problem and the particles may now be removed with high pressure water only. However, dirty and sticky cargoes can require application of cleaning chemicals combined with high pressure washing and/or additional manual cleaning. To determine the correct cleaning procedure please refer to the Unitor™ 'CHC Quick cleaning guide' and to the individual Product- and Safety Data Sheets.
The film is completely water soluble and is easy to remove even with cold sea water. To avoid re-deposition of contaminants a cleaning agent should be used, but at lower dosage rates than what normally is required. Unitor™ Slip-Coat™ may also be sprayed on deck, superstructure and other areas exposed to dust during loading and unloading operations.
The cargo hold surfaces should be as clean and dry as possible before treatment. Unitor™ Slip-Coat™ is supplied at ready-to use concentration and may be applied directly from the drum. Spray the liquid on the cargo hold surfaces by the use of suitable low-pressure spraying equipment. As soon as the surface appears water wet, a proper film is created; do not apply more than necessary. 1 litre Unitor™ Slip-Coat™ will cover 15--20 m2. Allow the film to dry completely before loading the cargo. Depending on air temperature and humidity this will take 1--2 hours.