Last updated: 02/12/2022 12:46:19
UV TRACER FLUID-ALLOIL TYPES 250ML
- Product group:
- Product number:
A universal tracer fluid for all types of oil comes in a 250 ml plastic bottle. It is used in combination with the UV Fluorescent leak detection system for finding leaks in refrigeration systems. Evidence of the tracer fluid will be found at the source of the leak and glow under the light of a UV detection lamp.
- Applicable for PAG, POE, PAO and mineral oil
- One type fits all
- Easy and cost effective way of finding the source of leakage
|Invent Hazard Material (IMO/EU) classification||NA|
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
Directions for use
- Add the correct amount of Glo-Leak tracer fluid to the system (dosage rates as below). Glo-Leak may be added in one of the following ways:
- Directly into the compressor oil reservoir
- Via a standard oil charge pump
- Through the charging port on the compressor suction valve
- Operate the system for enough time to allow Glo-Leak to permeate all suspected leak areas. Some leaks may show up within minutes. Others may take hours or even days to reveal themselves.
- Scan the system to locate any leaks by shining the UV lamp supplied over all areas of possible leaks. The precise source of a leak is revealed by a fluorescent yellow or yellow-green glow.
- Once identified, repair the leaks.
- Clean off any excess Glo-Leak with Glo-Klenz (or with another suitable cleaner/degreaser).
Glo-Leak can now remain in the system so that regular leak checks during maintenance may be performed with ease. This should be done at regular intervals to ensure optimum performance.
Dosage and control 1. When the ratio of oil to gas is 1:3, add the fluid at the rate of 0.75% of the total oil charge. 2. When the ratio of oil to gas is more than 1:3, use the formula below. (Amount of oil x 0.01) + (gas charge in kg x 0.0015) = Amount of tracer fluid in ltrs.
Example: A refrigeration system contains 100 ltrs of oil and 500 kgs of refrigerant.
(100 x 0.01) + 500 x 0.0015) = 1 + 0.75 = 1.75 ltrs of tracer fluid
NB: The above dosage rates are conservative estimates. Different system capacities and designs, and the various lubricants available can vary the amount of Glo-Leak required, especially in large systems. Check for fluorescent brightness by shining a UV lamp at the sight glasses. Add more Glo-Leak if the glow is weak. In some large systems, it may be necessary to add extra Glo-Leak after a week. This is because there may be much more oil in the system than is specified by the compressor manufacturer
Is accessory to
Is spare to
Is frequently bought together with
905034 OXYGEN O-40 FILLING Product number: 905034
756901 ANGLE GRINDER AG-PRO 4 B VERSION Product number: 756901
905208 NITROGEN N-5030 FILLING Product number: 905208
905026 ACETYLENE A-40 FILLING Product number: 905026
905607 UNICOOL R-407C 52 KG REFRIGERANT Product number: 905607
597534 HAND OIL PUMP 5L & 25L DRUMS Product number: 597534