Advanced TIG Welding Workshop
However, this equipment is often not used due to lack of knowledge in how to operate and use it.
This programme is designed at providing the knowledge and skills in the processes of TIG welding and also Plasma cutting and Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding such that the equipment can be utilized safely and efficiently.
Each participant would have a welding station assigned to him for the practical sessions during the course.
The IMTC – UNITOR Welding School has been set up in collaboration with Wilhelmsen Ships Service and the courses are UNITOR approved. The faculty, expert welders and instructors in their own right, have undergone training with Wilhelmsen Ships Service welding specialists, to further enhance their abilities.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant will
- Be able to recognize the dangers and observe the relevant safety precautions while performing/ supervising hotwork.
- Be able to understand the application and function of the equipment and accessories used for Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding, Plasma cutting and Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding.
- Be able to understand the principles and the procedure used for TIG welding, Plasma cutting and MIG welding.
- Acquire the knowledge of correct welding rod selection and parameter settings based on the material to be welded.
- Acquire the skill to make quality TIG/MIG weld joints on ferrous and non-ferrous plates and pipes in different positions.
- Acquire the skill of plasma cutting on ferrous and non ferrous plates and pipes.
Course Duration: 5 days
Suggested target group: Marine Engineers, Fitters, Pumpmen, Repair team members and any other ranks as per clients requirements.
- Safety precautions in TIG welding, Plasma cutting and Metal Inert gas (MIG) welding.
- Introduction to TIG welding, Plasma cutting and MIG welding equipment and accessories.
- Introduction to TIG welding, Plasma cutting and MIG welding processes.
- Selection, care, storage and handling of electrodes and other hotwork equipment.
- Various welding techniques.
- Extensive hands on practical exercises in TIG/MIG welding of plates and pipes.
- Practical exercises in arc welding of dissimilar metals (Stainless steel with Mild steel)
- Familiarization with Plasma cutting and MIG welding techniques.