Advanced gas and arc welding programme
In existing times, demand for highly skilled welders has increased especially in view of the shortage of skilled welders for industries today. This course aims to train fresh candidates, G.P.Ratings and ITI passed out candidates to learn the art of Welding skills in various welding processes and enriching their career in the field of welding and ability to work independently.
This programme is designed for Fresh candidates, G.P.Ratings, ITI mechanics, repair team members and also Marine Engineers to fully acquaint them with the relevant safety precautions to be observed, the requisite knowledge of the various welding equipment and processes, proper electrode and welding parameters selection and the practical skills to efficiently execute various repair jobs as also manufacturing industry production related jobs on plates and pipes of various materials in various positions.
Each participant would have a welding station assigned to him for the practical sessions during the course.
The IMTC – UNITOR Welding School has been set up in collaboration with Wilhelmsen Ships Service and the courses are UNITOR approved. The faculty, expert welders and instructors in their own right, have undergone training with Wilhelmsen Ships Service welding specialists, to further enhance their abilities.
- Upon completion of this course, the participant will:
- Be able to recognize the dangers and observe the relevant safety precautions while performing / supervising hotwork.
- Be able to understand the functioning of different types of welding equipments and their working principles.
- Acquire the knowledge of correct welding electrodes and filler rod selection and parameter settings based on the material to be welded.
- Acquire the requisite skill to make acceptable weld joints on steel and non ferrous plates and pipes with both, gas and arc welding in different positions up to 3G Level.
- Acquire skills in gas cutting techniques.
- Acquire skills in brazing using filler rod such as silver and bronze.
- Acquire the skill to be able to weld non-ferrous metals such as Stainless Steel, Cast Iron and Aluminum.
Course Duration: 30 days
Suggested target group: Fresh candidates, G.P.Ratings, ITI mechanics, Fitters, Pumpmen, Repair team members and any other ranks as per clients requirements.
- Safety precautions in gas and arc welding.
- Introduction to gas and arc welding equipment and accessories.
- Introduction to gas and arc welding processes.
- Selection, care, storage and handling of electrodes / filler rods and other hotwork equipment.
- Various welding techniques and processes.
- Identification of various defects in welding , causes and remedies of the defects.
- Extensive hands on practical exercises in electric, gas welding and brazing of plates and pipes in various welding positions up to 3G level.
- Extensive hands on practical exercises in electric and gas welding / brazing / silver brazing of various non-ferrous metals such as cast iron, stainless steel ,aluminum, copper and brass.
- Hands on practical exercises in electric arc gouging and gas cutting.
- Trouble shooting and maintenance of various welding and gas cutting equipment.