Last updated: 30/06/2023 01:00:57
FLASHBACK ARRESTOR W-66S ACETYLENE
- Product group:
- Product number:
No. 1 Choice for Flame Arrestors (Flashback Arrestors) certified and under surveillance by The Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (German: Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung, or BAM) and OCIMF/RIGHTSHIP compliant. Protect regulators and gas cylinder against flashback and detonation.
Maritime authorities, such as the Norwegian Maritime Directorate, require the installation of flashback arrestors for acetylene and oxygen, as incorrect maintenance or use of gas welding equipment may cause flashbacks of various types.
Normally these will stop in a well-designed torch and are only noticed as a popping sound in the torch. However, faulty handling, maintenance or gas pressure setting may lead to a penetrating flashback. This means that the gas flame passes back through the hose(s). In some cases, it may also pass the regulator and ultimately reach the cylinder.
The W-66S model flashback arrestors are designed for use on high flow rate, heavy duty applications especially on portable AC-OX gas cylinders. The flashback arrestors are built, conforming to: EN 730/ISO 5175 and with BAM Certification no.: ZBF/009/12.
For safety reasons in line with COSWP UK (BCGA CP7), OCIMF SIRE and RIGHTSHIP RISQ requirements, we strongly recommend annual testing of the flashback arrestors, and to replace flashback arrestors every 5 years.
- Pressure sensitive cut-off valve to prevent further gas supply after a flashback (activated by the pressure shock in front of the flashback).
- Temperature activated cut-off valve to prevent further gas supply in case of fire (activated if the temperature rises to approximately 100° C).
- Flame filter/arrestor to quench the flame front of a flashback or a burn back.
- Non-return valve for preventing reverse flow of gases, thereby preventing a gas mixture from reaching pipelines or cylinders.
- Marking of manufacturing date and serial number for traceability.
- Stops the pressure front and flame front.
- Stops gas from back feeding into the system.
- Prevents fire from being supported by gas.
- Signal lever will show if the pressure sensitive cut-off has been activated; the lever is also used for resetting the flashback arrestor.
|Invent Hazard Material (IMO/EU) classification||NA|
|Operating pressure [bar]||1.5 maximum|
Is frequently bought together with
708545 FLASHBACK ARRESTOR S55 OX Product number: 708545
708537 FLASHBACK ARRESTOR S55 AC Product number: 708537
302976 FLASHBACK ARRESTOR W-66S OXYGEN Product number: 302976
510001 REGULATOR 510 AC PRESSURE 0-1.5 BAR Product number: 510001
510000 REGULATOR 510 OX PRESSURE 0-10 BAR Product number: 510000