Welding Safety Inspection
Over time, welding equipment and consumables gets worn down. If neglected they will eventually deteriorate and become a safety hazard. Avoid these safety hazards and establish safe welding practice on board by regularly conducting welding safety inspections. We can offer you a yearly safety inspection survey of the welding equipment onboard which cover the following:
- Electric arc welding equipment and accessories
- Personal safety equipment
- The condition of consumables
- Free standing oxygen and acetylene cylinders with equipment
- Gas distribution system, incl. outlet station
Inspections are carried out by Port Service Engineers who conduct a thorough survey of welding equipment on board. From what we learn, we provide a confidential report identifying any areas of non-compliance and offer suggestions for improving safety.
Available Globally. At your convenience
Working through our global support network, we can arrange these inspections so they take place at a port that suits your schedule.
Benefits of a Welding Safety Inspection
- Improve the welding safety environment onboard, preventing accidents to crew and vessel
- Improve operating efficiency by having the equipment in good working order
- Save money as accidents are expensive
It's easy to get started with Welding Safety Inspections
- Contact us to arrange for safety inspection of your welding equipment.
- Agree on vessel(s) and inform us of your sailing schedule
- Inform vessel(s) about the Welding Safety Inspection and to expect a Wilhelmsen Ships Service surveyor