CARGOCLEAN HD 25 LTR
- Product group:
- Product number:
Unitor CargoClean HD™ is a heavy duty alkaline cleaner with cutting-edge cleaning technology formulated for cleaning cargo holds on bulk carriers.
Unitor CargoClean HD™ is a unique combination of strong alkaline ingredients with selected additives enabling best and reliable cleaning results time after time. This micro emulsion cleaner is especially designed for the toughest and dirtiest cargos such as oily coal and petcoke. As well it will powerfully clean off most common dry cargos around.
By use of proper cleaning equipment, such as the Unitor™ Cargo Hold Cleaning kits, the dense foam created will contribute to enhanced cleaning efficiency and reduced consumption.
- Advanced heavy duty alkaline cleaner
- Highly effective and very economical in use
- Reduces the impact of external factors such as water quality and temperature
- Ideal for cleaning after dirty petcoke, coal and other difficult cargoes
- Safe on epoxy coatings
- Designed and compatible with Unitor™ Cargo Hold Cleaning equipment
- Does not contain nonyl phenol ethoxylates or other estrogenic compounds
- Saves cleaning time and cleaning chemicals
- Predictable cleaning results
- Complies with MARPOL Annex V
- Complies with all environmental regulations and the EU Detergent Regulation
- Less plastic waste
|Appearance||Colourless to pale yellow|
|Density [g/ml]||1,030 - 1,055|
|Not Compatible||The concentrated product may react with aluminium, zinc, tin and their alloys|
- This composition meets the criteria for not being harmful to the marine environment according to MARPOL Annex V and may be discharged into the sea when used to clean cargo holds and external surfaces on ships.
Directions for use
Cargo Hold Cleaning:
When Unitor CargoClean HD™ is applied with the Unitor™ Cargo Hold Cleaning kit the dense foam created will prolong the contact time, contribute to improved cleaning efficiency and more economical use of the cleaning product. CargoClean HD™ effectively removes dirty cargoes like coal and petcoke and is used for cleaning when going from black to white cargos. CargoClean HD™ can be used for removal of the most dry cargoes including soot, carbon deposits, fish meal and other bulk materials. Unitor™ CargoClean HD should not be used on zinc coatings.
Dosing and application method
1. Apply Unitor CargoClean HD™ mixed 10% in fresh water (ratio 1:9), using the Unitor foam nozzle
2. To avoid loss of cleaning effect always apply the cleaning solution from bottom and upwards.
3. Leave for 10-15 minutes. During this time the surface must remain wet with the cleaning solution.
4. Wash down with a high pressure jet or Unitor™ Cargo Hold Cleaning kit. For best results, direct the high pressure jet at the lowest parts of the holds first and work upwards
5. Repeat the cleaning procedure if necessary
6. Always perform final rinse with fresh water after wash down to avoid salt residues on the surface
7. Rinse the equipment with fresh water after usage and before storage
For more details refer to the Unitor™ Cargo Hold Cleaning quick guide.
In cleaning operations freshwater should always be preferred to seawater