Last updated: 13/02/2023 03:17:13
ACETYLENE A-5 FILLING
- Product group:
- Product number:
In combination with Oxygen (O₂) Acetylene (C₂H₂) is used for gas cutting and welding. Small cylinders allows to access difficult accessible spaces. A backpack is available. This product is delivered in a Unitor cylinder as part of WSS global cylinder exchange program.
Acetylene mixed with air is explosive within 2.2% to 85% by volume. Avoid releasing acetylene into the air and ensure good ventilation where acetylene cylinders are stored or used. When acetylene cylinders are transported horizontally and placed vertically again after transport, a period of at least 24 hours before using the cylinders for gas extraction must be obeyed. This to ensure that the acetone inside the cylinder redistributes in a correct way.
When cylinders are used too quickly after placing them vertical again the following can happen: * When opening the top valve, large amounts of acetone can come out. The customer might interpret this as water/oil because acetone feels slippery on the skin. Opening the top valve without a fitted regulator should not be standard practice as this can create a fire hazard. * When a regulator is fitted with twinhose and torch, the lighted flame will be very unstable due to the presence of acetone droplets in the gas. This is often referred to as "spitting".
Solution is to let the cylinder rest for at least 24 hours (depending on temperature; colder environment might require longer time).
- Colourless and slightly lighter than air
- It is non-toxic, but has an anesthetic effect if inhaled
- Acetylene is highly flammable
- When mixed with oxygen for welding, the flame temperature will reach 3100º C
- Multi applications for ship maintenance like welding, cutting, brazing, soldering and heating.
- Suitable for AC-Ox Gas Distribution System
- For your safety, the product is delivered in a Unitor exchange cylinder complete with barcode and unique cylinder serial number.
- We trace and track all cylinders using our system to give you peace of mind.
- We offer global availability through our Global Exchange Programme.
|Invent Hazard Material (IMO/EU) classification||C-18|
|Gross Weight [kg]||15|
|Weight [kg]||0.8 Net|
|Connection [inch]||G 3/4" R.H. INTERNAL side|
|Gas Capacity [m³]||0.8kg|
550152 WASHER NYL 10 PCS FOR AC REGULATOR Product number: 550152
510001 REGULATOR 510 AC PRESSURE 0-1.5 BAR Product number: 510001
176040 BACK PORTABLE RACK Product number: 176040
233148 HEAT RESISTANT MITTEN Product number: 233148
Is frequently bought together with
905026 ACETYLENE A-40 FILLING Product number: 905026
905034 OXYGEN O-40 FILLING Product number: 905034
905075 OXYGEN O-5 FILLING Product number: 905075
905174 ARGON E-50 FILLING Product number: 905174
905565 ARGON E-10 FILLING Product number: 905565