Last updated: 19/06/2023 10:33:14
RETURN CLAMP 400A.
- Product group:
- Product number:
Return clamp 400 amps with jaw opening 70 mm.
Reference to Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seafarers (COSWP, UK): 24.7.3 Earth return clamp must be connected as closet to welding piece and not hull.
The return clamp should always be placed as close as possible to the welding area, or on the work piece itself if this is not an integral part of the hull.
The return connector must be properly dimensioned to provide good contact for the welding current load to be used. There are four types of return clamps available: the 200A, 400A, 600A and 800A.
- Good contact with the workpiece
- Strong grip that permits attachment to any work piece
- Provide a large contact area with less overheating
- Compliance to OCIMF SIRE 2.0 electric arc welding safety requirements
- Secured return on work piece reduces circuit resistance and provide a stable voltage which ensures good welding quality
|Invent Hazard Material (IMO/EU) classification||NA|
|Product name||Product number|
|AIR CARBON ARC TORCH 600A||528703|
|EL.HOLDER 200A WITH DIX70 CONNECTOR||627885|
|EL.HOLDER 400A WITH SAFETYCONNECTOR||522680|
|ELECTRODE HOLDER TWISTY 200AMP||552497|
|ELECTRODE HOLDER TWISTY 400AMP||513051|
|ELECTRODE HOLDER UNIKING 600AMP||511006|
|RETURN CLAMP 200A||653881|
|RETURN CLAMP 400A.||653899|
|RETURN CLAMP 600 A||653907|
|RETURN CLAMP 800A||175745|
|RETURN CLAMP ASSY 200A W/DIX 25||633164|
|RETURN CLAMP ASSY 200A W/DIX 70||633172|
|RETURN CLAMP ASSY 400 A W/SAFETY||633180 (supersedes 537654)|
|RETURN CLAMP ASSY 400A W/DIX 70||594317|
Directions for use
- Grind off rust and paint before connecting return clamp in order to ensure optimal contact with the workpiece
- The positioning of the return clamp determines how large a part of the vessel or of the work piece is to be utilized as part of the welding current circuit
- The thickness of material between welding point and return clamp must be sufficient to carry the current load that is to be used
- Think carefully before fixing the return clamp so that sensitive machine parts such as ball bearings etc. are not used as a bridge for welding current
Is frequently bought together with
699165 GPO-302N 2.5X350MM 295 PCS 5,2KG Product number: 699165
699173 GPO-302N 3.2X350MM 190 PCS 5.4 KG Product number: 699173
513051 ELECTRODE HOLDER TWISTY 400AMP Product number: 513051
699264 LH-314N 2.5X350MM 161 PCS 4.0 KG Product number: 699264
699272 LH-314N 3.2X450MM96 PCS 5KG Product number: 699272