On May 25th cyclone Mekunu triggered a landfall in Salalah, Oman causing heavy flooding in the city. In result, the Salalah Port was under power outage causing all communication systems to be down.
Given the situation, the port authorities have declared Force Majeure, and estimated operations to resume later this week.
• Operations over the Eid holidays proceeding as expected.
• Terminal started berthing 3 vessels simultaneously from 14th June.
• Maersk Yamuna and Maersk Danube sailed yesterday on 17th June.
• Maersk Sebarok (ME2 Westbound) and Maersk Serangoon (ME2 Eastbound) are scheduled for berth today on 18th June.
• MSC Sonia (AE20 Eastbound) MSC Leanne (AE7 Eastbound) are expected to be reinstated in the Salalah line-up.