To strengthen the management of conveyance and cargoes carried by the conveyance, also to implement the mechanism of security access and risk prevention/control, General Administration of Customs officially announced, that NO.56 will come into force 1 June 2018.
The main aspects of import documentation concern:
1. Adjusting Partial Data Filling Regulation of Import Manifest EDI: Shippers, Consignee, Notify Party, cargo description, remarks in code;
2. Reaffirming the Time-limit Management of EDI Transmission: Import manifest EDI transmission must be finished no later than the following time-limit:
- For container cargo: 24 hours before cargo lading
- For non-container cargo: 24 hours before cargo arriving at the first port in China
- For Empty Container/transshipped cargo: before cargo arriving at discharging port.
For details please contact our Shanghai office.