Last updated: 17/02/2023 11:24:24
KLÜBERBIO AM 92-142 180 KG
- Product group:
- Product number:
KLÜBERBIO AM 92-142 is an Environmentally Acceptable Lubricant (EAL) designed to help your steel wire ropes last. Powerfully adhesive and water-resistant, it also has an excellent load-carrying capacity and anti-wear and anti-corrosion properties.
Steel rope wires in the marine and offshore industry are constantly exposed to harsh environmental conditions at sea. Sustained contact with salt water easily corrodes these wires, making them unsafe. KLÜBERBIO AM 92-142 helps extend the life of your wire by providing excellent load-carrying capacity and strengthening resistance to corrosion and other wear and tear. Reliable and high performing even with heavy loads and designed to help your wires last. KLÜBERBIO AM 92-142 was developed in close cooperation with Redaelli Tecna, a company of the global Teufelberger Group that specialises in steel wire roping. It is a recommended solution for both initial and relubrication of steel wire ropes. Importantly, KLÜBERBIO AM 92-142 possesses powerful adhesion strength to metal surfaces, good water resistance and temperature stability, reducing the risk of drip offs that can contaminate your deck or goods.
- Compliant with the requirements for Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants (EAL) as defined by the EPA 2013 Vessel General Permit
- Good adhesion to metal surfaces
- Temperature stability
- Compatible with zinc coatings of galvanized ropes
- Protects your steel wire ropes from wear and tear
- Protects your steel wire ropes from corrosion
- No drip off that could contaminate your deck or goods
- Effective and economical in use
- KLÜBERBIO AM 92-142 is classified as Environmentally Acceptable Lubricant (EAL) by the biodegradability, toxicity and bioaccumulation standards of the US Environmental Protection Agency and contains over 60% renewable materials, serving our commitment to finding sustainable solutions for our environment.
|Invent Hazard Material (IMO/EU) classification||C-30|
|Biodegradability of the base oil, acc. to OECD 301 F, (within 28 days) [%]||≥60|
|Density at 20°C [g/cm³]||~ 0.98|
|Kinematic viscosity of the base oil, DIN 51562 pt. 01/ASTM D-445/ASTM D 7042, 100 °C [mm²/s]||~ 22|
|Kinematic viscosity of the base oil, DIN 51562 pt. 01/ASTM D-445/ASTM D 7042, 40 °C [mm²/s]||~ 140|
|NLGI grade, DIN 51818||2|
|Packing Size||180 KG|
|Flow pressure of lubricating greases, DIN 51805-2, test temperature: -30 °C [mbar]||≤1400|
|Shelf life [months]||24|
|Drop point, DIN ISO 2176, IP 396 [°C]||≥170|
|Lower service temperature||-30°C / -22°F|
|Oil separation, DIN 51817 N, after 7 d/40 °C||≤5% by weight|
|Upper service temperature||150°C / 302°F|
|Water resistance, DIN 51807 pt. 01, 3 h/40°C||0 - 40|
|Worked penetration, DIN ISO 2137, 25 °C [mm]||0 - 40|
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
Directions for use
KLÜBERBIO AM 92-142 is appropriate for use on steel wire ropes in the marine and offshore industry subject to harsh conditions, such as extreme hot or cold climates, constant exposure to seawater, and extreme loads. You may use KLÜBERBIO AM 92-142 as initial lubrication during the production of the steel wires and/or for relubrication as a coating lubricant. Apply KLÜBERBIO AM 92-142 by brush or automatic wire rope lubricators. Follow the guidelines of the wire rope manufacturer w.r.t. the maintenance and inspection needs of your wire ropes.