U.V. TRACER KIT 220V/240V
- Product group:
- Product number:
Effective tool for locating refrigerant leaks in refrigeration systems in inaccsessible areas by circulating the tracer fluid and using UV-light.
Glo-Leak tracer fluid is an oil based fluorescent liquid that is fully miscible and compatible with refrigerants and compressor oil. When added to the compressor oil sump, the tracer fluid circulates around the system with the compressor oil. Evidence of the tracer fluid will be found at the source of each leak. This will give a fluorescent glow when the area is scanned with the UV inspection lamp, easily identifying the location of the leak.
- Oil based fluorescent liquid fully miscible with refrigerant compressor oil
- Circulates in system and leaves fluorescent trace if leak
- Ready to use kit
|Product name||Product number||Product code|
|U.V. TRACER KIT 12V||711523||UV2165U+|
|U.V. TRACER KIT 220V/240V||587170||UV1160F|
Directions for use
1. Add the correct amount of Glo-Leak tracer fluid to the system (dosage rates as below). Glo-Leak may be added in one of the following ways:
- Directly into the compressor oil reservoir
- Via a standard oil charge pump
- Through the charging port on the compressor suction valve
2. Operate the system for enough time to allow Glo-Leak to permeate all suspected leak areas. Some leaks may show up within minutes. Others may take hours or even days to reveal themselves.
3. Scan the system to locate any leaks by shining the UV lamp supplied over all areas of possible leaks. The precise source of a leak is revealed by a fluorescent yellow or yellow-green glow.
4. Once identified, repair the leaks.
5. Clean off any excess Glo-Leak with Glo-Klenz (or with another suitable cleaner/degreaser).
Glo-Leak can now remain in the system so that regular leak checks during maintenance may be performed with ease. This should be done at regular intervals to ensure optimum performance.
Dosage and control
1. When the ratio of oil to gas is 1:3, add the fluid at the rate of 0.75% of the total oil charge.
2. When the ratio of oil to gas is more than 1:3, use the formula below.
(Amount of oil x 0.01) + (gas charge in kg x 0.0015) = Amount of tracer fluid in ltrs.
Example: A refrigeration system contains 100 ltrs of oil and 500 kgs of refrigerant.
(100 x 0.01) + 500 x 0.0015) = 1 + 0.75 = 1.75 ltrs of tracer fluid
NB: The above dosage rates are conservative estimates. Different system capacities and designs, and the various lubricants available can vary the amount of Glo-Leak required, especially in large systems. Check for fluorescent brightness by shining a UV lamp at the sight glasses. Add more Glo-Leak if the glow is weak. In some large systems, it may be necessary to add extra Glo-Leak after a week. This is because there may be much more oil in the system than is specified by the compressor manufacturer
Product number: 606268