Efficient Cargo and Ballast Handling Course – LPG tanker (LCHS)
ECBH IMO 1.35 – Liquified Cargo Handling Simulator LCHS Gas or LCHS LPG:
The main aspects of the planning and execution of operations and the solving of problems that may arise can be demonstrated and practiced in the safe environment of the simulator.
Course Objective: The aim of this course is to ensure that mariners are trained and prepared to respond safely and efficiently for controlling the cargo handling and other operations on LPG carriers, required in today’s Tanker trade. It helps in developing a better understanding of the basic operation in LPG carriers with the help of lectures and simulator practice. It gives the participants “hands-on” training and builds their confidence in handling cargo operations and troubleshooting during work in LPG carriers.
Duration of the online course: 3 days.
Suggested Target Group: Deck Officers
- To develop a better understanding of the basic operation of Fully refrigerated LPG carriers
- To handle the operations in a safe manner, using the simulator
- Loading on the simulator with single and multiple cargoes.
- Pre discharging
- Cargo compressor operation during loading, discharging and en route
- Other LPG Tanker Operations, Inerting, Purging, warming up, Gassing up, Gas freeing
- Cargo Calculations
- Pump theory and Operations
- LPG Tanker Hazards (Over-pressurization, Overfilling, Subzero temperatures)
- Gas measurement