Bridge and engine-room resource management course Refresher
The maritime industry has been aware that 'Human Error' is the major factor in maritime accidents and has started appreciating the need for 'Resource Management' training for improving safety and efficiency on board. This Course is aimed at fulfilling that need. It deals with the development of human resources and managerial skills of the participants. The course is highly interactive, involving a number of group discussions and case-studies, and role-play exercises using bridge and engine-room simulators.
- To identify the human resources and managerial skills necessary for enhancing safety, efficiency, and contingency management on board.
- To describe the ways of developing these human resources and managerial skills.
- To recognize the need of developing a positive attitude so as to make the best utilization of his knowledge and skills.
Duration: 2 days
Suggested Target Group: All management and operational level staff on board. Shore staff may also attend
- Introduction to B.E.R.M
- Human strengths and weaknesses - the mind / body concept
- Understanding the 'Human Factors'
- Effective communication
- Multicultural awareness
- Effective team-work
- Interaction between ranks
- Management and leadership on board
- Time management and workload
- Judgment and Decision-making
- The states of the mind
- Contingency management
- Integrated Case-studies
- Role-play exercises
- Summary - managing human resource