STAR - Information & Planning System (IPS) / AMOS
The Star IPS covers most of the functionality needed for onboard information system, covering operations for Maintenance & Material Management. Operational deviations & experiences as well as corrective measures can be reported & logged in the system. The system supports ISM certification requirements & ISO certificates.
- To familiarize the participant with general system to enable them to work independently in their day-to-day shipboard tasks viz. viewing/updating database, generating work orders and reporting work done, generating and receiving requisition/purchase order forms & controlling stores and spare parts stock level.
- To understand procedures for Shipboard system administration viz. performing Replication of database with an office based Star IPS & Star Central Purchasing System (CPS), back-up and restoring of database, basic utilities, etc.
- The participant is put through various hands-on exercises reflecting all the various day-to-day shipboard tasks.
Duration: 2 days
Suggested Target Group: All Management & Operational level officers serving on board, where the system is implemented
- Star IPS Concepts & SFI Codes Familiarization.
- Basic Elements in the Star IPS.
- Administration of the Management & Technical Accounts - How to update / edit or create a new Management Account / Technical Account. How to connect spares/consumable items/documents etc. to Technical account.
- Information Control - Management of the main registers in the Star IPS (Adding new information, updating/editing main registers)
- Maintenance Module - Daily use of Star IPS to Schedule / Issue different kind of work orders, Report work done & File a work report. Concept of Round about job. Connecting counter to the technical account.
- Planning Board in Star IPS - Features of the Planning Board, Setting of the Calendar, Planning of work, Issue & Report work orders. Printing of Work orders, Viewing / Printing of work history.
- Purchase Module - Logging of Material Transaction, Issue of requisition/Purchase orders, Reporting of the goods received, printing of labels for materials.