Marine Hydraulics Workshop (HYDR)
Duration: 6 days
Suggested Target Group:
Management Level Engineers and Electrical Officers
Covering aspects of shipboard hydraulics at an advanced level, this workshop provides a forum for theory lecture delivery, simulation exercises, hands on training, group discussions leading to improvement in competency and confidence in handling hydraulic equipment.
Extensive exposure to hydraulic systems is provided with many and varied shipboard circuits being traced. Thus the ability to trace, understand and analyze circuit drawings and to troubleshoot logically is gained by the participant.
The practical exercises performed on the hydraulic trainer panel further strengthen his ability to understand hydraulic principles, functioning of various components and also to troubleshoot faults logically.
Course Objective:To enable the participants to:
- understand the fundamental concepts of hydraulics.
- recognize component symbols and their construction, functioning and applications.
- identify symbols, trace and analyze circuit diagrams and troubleshoot hydraulic systems logically.
- learn through sharing of experiences amongst participants.
Duration: 6 days
Suggested Target Group: Management Level Engineers and Electrical Officers.
- Introduction to concepts of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Components of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and their representative symbols (ISO 1219) in circuit drawings.
- Hydraulic pumps - types, working principles and common problems.
- Pressure, Direction and Flow Control valves and their applications
- Cartridge valves
- Servo / Proportional valves
- Accumulators -various types, care of, assembling and charging procedure
- Hydraulic actuators -cylinders / motors - types and working principles
- Hydraulic oil, reservoirs and filters - functions and importance, ISO 4406 / 11171 contaminant code
- Study, tracing and analysis of drawings of actual systems on board
- Troubleshooting hydraulic systems
- Safety precautions and good watchkeeping practices
- Practical demonstration of various hydraulic equipment -Direction / Pressure & Flow control valves, Pumps, Filters and Accumulators etc.
- Extensive practical exercises on the Trainer Panel- use of various components to form working circuits and locate faults induced therein.