IMTC Special Services: Cadets and Trainee Engineers
For any quality organization believing in the value of human resource, having a dedicated pool of seafarers is a must. It all starts with the selection of the right people and grooming them into fine seafarers. IMTC has been involved in the selection, orientation, monitoring of training ashore and at sea, and mentoring of Deck Cadets and Trainee Engineers for companies like Barber Ship Management and Bergesen Dy and have, in the process, developed considerable know-how in this activity.
The salient features of the activity are:
Selection of cadets and trainee engineers which involves:
- Advertisement in the leading newspapers.
- Vetting of applications on the basis of statutory and company requirements.
- Issuing call letters to short listed candidates.
- Conducting written examination.
- Conducting interviews with the candidates by a panel including representatives from our client companies.
- Medical fitness and psychometric tests.
- Briefings prior to the candidate going for pre-sea training to an institute approved by the client company.
- A detailed and comprehensive "Orientation Course" after the Pre-Sea training.
- Pre-joining briefings whenever a trainee joins a vessel.
Monitoring of Training and Mentoring:
- Visits by our representatives to the concerned institute during shore training to assess the development of trainee and to guide them suitably.
- Issue of "On Board Training Programme" developed by IMTC or any other Distance Learning Programme as applicable.
- Monitoring the assignments sent by the trainee during the on-board training and providing feedback to him.
- Conducting Mid-sea courses for trainees returning from ships. The objective of these courses is to discuss their assignments, recount experiences, clear doubts and put them through a set of lectures and computer based training programmes. Guidance is also given for their subsequent tenure at sea as applicable.
- Liaison with administration on matters related to the trainee's mandatory 'progress report' and checking of TAR Book.
- Selected features from the above activity can also be undertaken by IMTC. Please contact us for further details.