Suez Canal Transit
More than 30 years of canal transit experience, with 200 employees across 7 different offices in Egypt.
Our Global Standard of Operations (SOO) ensures a consistent Quality for all Agency Services provided in the Suez Canal. We have more than 30 years of history in Egypt with 200 employees across 7 offices, who are ready to assist you with any Husbandry Matters, Transit Services or collection of toll rebates from SCA. We have one of the strongest Governance policies in the industry and are happy to present how we stay compliant. We make your challenge our own!
A selection of services we do for pre-arrival, in port operations and post-departure are listed below:
- Calculate all toll costs upfront with 95% accuracy, with our online Suez canal toll calculator
- Keep vessel Master and crew updated 24/7 on convoy schedule
- Keep port authorities updated on vessel ETA and slot booking
- Establish pre-funding requirements for spot, contract and HUB customers
- Collect and negotiate applicable rebates with SCA for all ship types
- Meet local port authorities and obtain necessary clarification for all legal and operational requirements
- Arrange security and transport for weapons onboard ship
- Tailor-made Husbandry and crew services
- Waste removal
- Safe transport of sign-on-crew and sign-off crew
- Arrange customs and immigration documentation
- Coordinate with health authorities, Suez crew and ship chandlers
- Provide excellent Unitor, Nalfleet and Timm products at both ends of the canals
Post-departure and DA handling
- All costs and services in DA are updated and communicated regularly to customer
- Final DA is submitted according to agreed period and WSS policy & standards
- Professional and timely reporting of any claims, accidents, near-misses or non-conformities for safety reasons
DEDICATED 24/7 TRANSIT DESK
Get in touch with our dedicated Transit Desk team in Egypt for more info on how to tailor our many different agency services to fit your specific vessel segment and needs. The canal transit desk is managed by our local team who hold a strong operational as well as commercial background, with in-depth knowledge about technical specifications and requirements for all ship types. With solid relations with all local stakeholders such as Suez Canal Authorities, local port authorities, police and/or security companies, we can quickly assess and answer any type of question related to costs, time and safety – at all times.
The Suez Canal Authority (SCA) has implemented a rebate system as an incentive to attract more ships to use the Suez Canal instead of alternative routes. Knowing how to navigate your way through the rebate system's processes is important to understand as it can result in significant reduction in your vessel's toll fee.
Written by Steffen Langlete , Product Manager, Full Agency
Keeping up to date with the various Suez canal authority's toll rebates can be challenging yet necessary as it can result in significant reduction in your vessel's toll fee. With this in mind, we have put together the most frequently used toll rebate schemes based on vessel type for your convenience.
Plan your voyage with our Canal Transit calculator, or contact a specialist for a quote on all your ports. Our entire network, in one click.
In the news
Press release, Published: Last updated: (Wilhelmsen Ships Service, Ships agency)
Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS) has established a dedicated local transit team to help its customers negotiate not just the Suez Canal, but also the complex rebate system designed to boost traffic through the recently expanded waterway. The new office, based in Alexandria, is staffed 24/7 by local agents who intimately understand both customer requirements and the workings of the Suez Canal Authority (SCA).
Need Suez canal toll rebate advice?
Want to understand how the toll rebate process works? Don’t worry, we will hold a workshop for you with one of our local Suez canal transit experts.Get toll rebate advice