Cost effective solution for enclosed spaces
Unitor High Pressure CO2 Fire Extinguishing System (Unitor CO2 System) is a total flooding system using CO2 gas. The system is designed for machinery spaces of Category A, engine rooms, pump rooms and cargo holds onboard vessels or on offshore installations which needs fire protection. It has been supplied to hundreds of vessels worldwide over the past few years.
The system is proven to be a fast and effective solution on deep seated fires in cargo holds and can be incorporated with a smoke smapling system.
Local systems for paint lockers and galley ducting are available.
Unitor CO2 System has pressure operated cylinder top valves to quickly discharge the CO2 gas. This ensures rapid extinguishing of the fire to effectively protect the area. The valves can also easily be opened manually.
Unitor CO2 System is equipped with alarm devices which will pre-warn the crew to evacuate the protected space. The Unitor CO2 System also has a safe release delay function to ensure the safety of the crew.
» More information on typical system application
High quality, compliant system with both installation and operational benefits:
- Compliant solution
- Easy to install
- Space saving installation
- Easy to operate
- Requires minimal maintenance
- For services purposes, refilling of the CO2 cylinders is available worldwide
» More information on system design and configuration
Ensures safety of crew, equipment and cargo
- Options of manual and pressure operated release ensure the fast and effective solution for enclosed space fires
- Sequential release design provides optimised protection to the enclosed space
» More information on extinguishing fire using CO2
A cost effective solution
- Designed for optimum system performance, keeping both installation and operational costs low
- System is available on rack modules to save installation time and cost
- Quick discharge reduces potential cost of damages
- Minimal and easy maintenance keeps operational costs low
» More information on rules and regulations