The UniTrak system traces and tracks the movement of Unitor cylinders around the world. At the heart of the UniTrak system is the cylinder’s barcode and its unique cylinder serial number.
The features of the system are:
- The barcode is fixed firmly to the shoulder of the cylinder.
- The unique serial number is stamped on the shoulder of the cylinder.
- The cylinder's unique number and barcode is its ‘fingerprint’.
- Scanning the barcode identifies when and where the cylinder was delivered or returned.
- The system records the vessel name and a signature on delivery/return.
- Without the barcode, a returned cylinder may be removed for inspection, refurbishment or disposal.
Benefits for customers are:
- Avoid misunderstandings and mistakes resulting from deliveries and collections.
- Prevent potential costs and risk presented by dubious cylinders and their fillings.
- Reduces inventory, frees cash flow and tightens control of expenditure thus improving efficiency and economy.
- Reduces costs, risk and wastage from lost, misplaced or rogue cylinders.
Control of gases with a shelf life:
- Medical gases.
- Calibration (span) gases.
- Reduces costs due to better control of gas content and quality.
- Strengthens the protection of crew and vessel at sea and in port.
- Enables compliance with the International Code for the Security of Ships and of Port Facilities (ISPS Code).
- By having cylinders traced and tracked, the economics of gases and refrigerants take a momentous step forward.
» Link to UniTrak