The competency requirements being mainly focused on technical skills, the commercial aspects are a gray area for many on board. The course gives the participants a feel of the financial side of the business, with the aim of improving cost-effectiveness of shipboard functioning.
- To gain an insight into the financial aspects in day-to-day vessel's operations and special operations.
- To have a better understanding of Charter Parties and Contracts of Affreightment and the shipowner's interest / liabilities with respect to the same.
- To understand the process of Marine claims, Insurance, and shipowner's position with regard to financial liabilities, and the participant's role in protecting the owner's interests.
- To apply the above knowledge towards effective cost-saving measures while fulfilling his duties on board.
Duration: 3 days
Suggested Target Group:
Management Level Staff On Board
- The shipping business -an overview.
- Vessel Budgets- Financial/Trading / Operations.
- Carriage of Goods by Sea (C/P's and COA's).
- Accident causation and Shipowner's risk exposure.
- Risk assessment / Marine casualties.
- Marine Insurance -Concepts and cases.
- Agency Operations / Port Disbursements.
- Manning Costs.
- Bunkering; Dry-docking.
- Materials and Maintenance Management.
- Group discussions and workshops.