BASSnet is a computer-based system for Planning & Reporting Maintenance, and performing Material Administration & Stock Purchasing. The BASSnet covers most of the functionality needed for onboard information system, covering operations for Maintenance & Material Management. Operational deviations & experiences as well as corrective measure can be reported & logged in the system. Additionally it also supports operations related to updates on vessel particulars, cerficates, voyage management & maintains various navigation & engine logs.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Understand BASSnet modules and structures
- Understand functional classification of processes onboard
- Use BASSnet for work planning, scheduling, inventory updates and ordering spare parts
- Apply techniques to complete tasks and responsibilities
Course Duration: 3 days
Suggested target group:
All Management & Operational level officers serving onboard, where the system is implemented.
- BASSnet background, status and future plans
- Operations - Vessel Particulars & Managing Vessel's Certificates
* Components - Sub-Components
* Materials (Spare Parts, Consumables, Provisions, Services, Tools, Free Items)
* Maintenance (workflow) and Material transactions / Inventory.
- Procurement (workflow)
- Document Manager (adding, connecting and replicating documents)
- Administration (Various Registers, Creating new user / role, Report Generation etc.)
- Tasks and Alerts and its functionality
- Replication - Concept and overview