Operators of such equipment require to be well trained in all aspects of High Voltage Safety.
For the first time in the Indian subcontinent, customized training is now available to the Maritime sector. Designed and developed by IMTC, the “High-Voltage Safety Course” offers invaluable benefits to Marine Engineers and Electrical Officers.
The Course includes practical hands-on exercises on an actual High Voltage Panel comprising of Vacuum Circuit Breaker, Earthing switch along with the associated interlocks, Potential and Current transformers, Bus Bar chamber and Low Voltage Safety Relay panel, thus familiarizing the participants with High-Voltage equipment and the various safety procedures for handling the same.
The course contents are based on the guidelines as mentioned in Section B-III/2 of the STCW Code 2010 (Manila Amendments).
To enable the Participants to:
- Understand the working of the various specialized components & equipment used in High Voltage installations.
- Operate, maintain & troubleshoot High Voltage installations safely & efficiently.
- Learn through sharing of experience amongst participants.
Duration: 3 days
Target Group: All Electrical Officers & Marine Engineers.
- Familiarization lay out and safety features of high voltage power plant on board.
- The functional, operational and safety requirements for a marine high voltage system.
- Assignment of suitably qualified personnel to carry out maintenance and repair of high voltage switch gear of various types.
- Producing a switching strategy for isolating components of high voltage system.
- Selecting suitable apparatus for isolation and testing of high voltage apparatus.
- Carrying out a switching and isolation procedure on a marine high voltage system complete with safety documentation.
- Performing test of insulation resistance and polarization index on high voltage equipment.
- Taking remedial action necessary during faults in high voltage system.
- Risks & hazards associated with High Voltage.
- High voltage alternators safety features.
- Earthing and key interlocks for isolation of high voltage equipment
- Legislative background and Code of Safe Working Practices and PPE.
- High Voltage switch gear, SF 6,Vacuum circuit breakers and contactors, construction, operation, maintenance and tests.
- Fault levels at different locations and protection system topology. PT’s , CT’s and an overview of protection relays. IDMTL characteristics
- Non relay operated protection
- Generator, Motor and Transformer protection
- An introduction to High Voltage Variable Frequency Drive ( PWM) and soft starters.
- 110 Volt DC for control of High Voltage Switchgear.
- Practical exercises on High Voltage Panel in disconnecting, isolating and earthing the circuit breaker and “Prove Dead” the place of work.
- Table top exercises on High Voltage Switchboard circuits.