This often results in expensive breakdowns and machinery downtime.
The course is conducted in a well-equipped laboratory and combines theory lectures and hands-on training in the practical aspects of hydraulics. The practical exercises are performed on a Trainer Panel on which hydraulic principles as well as different types of hydraulic circuits can be demonstrated. The panel is fitted with components manufactured by Vickers, Rexroth, Yuken, Bosch etc. - all well-known manufacturers of hydraulic equipment.
Computer simulation software is also used, wherein various hydraulic circuits can be simulated in normal and fault-induced conditions. Further, animation of various hydraulic components helps in understanding their working and construction.
Besides, extensive exposure to various hydraulic components such as Direction, Pressure and Flow control valves, pumps, accumulators etc., is provided to enhance understanding of their construction and function in a hydraulic circuit. Thus, the ability to operate hydraulic machinery safely & efficiently, to trace & analyze hydraulic circuits and to troubleshoot logically is gained by the participant.
Course Objective: To enable the participant to
- Understand the fundamental concepts of hydraulics.
- Identify symbols, trace and analyse circuit diagrams and troubleshoot hydraulic systems logically.
- Understand the working and construction of important hydraulic components commonly used in industrial and mobile applications.
Duration: 5 days
Suggested Target Group: Engineers / supervisors working with hydraulic equipment and systems. In case necessary, training can be imparted in Hindi.
- Introduction to hydraulic concepts.
- Components of hydraulic systems and their symbols.
- Hydraulic oil- importance of cleanliness, filter types and reservoirs.
- Pumps -types and working principles, common problems with hydraulic pumps.
- Pressure control valves - Relief, two-stage relief, pressure reducing, sequence, unloading & counterbalance valves and their applications.
- Direction control valves -types of spools and their applications.
- Flow control valves -various types of flow control circuits, pressure compensation.
- Manually operated mobile bank type direction control valves.
- Tracing and analyzing circuit diagrams.
- Cartridge valves and their use.
- Servo / Proportional valves.
- Accumulators -use and importance, charging procedure.
- Various types of actuators -cylinders and motors.
- Root causes of hydraulic failures.