MARITIME RESOURCE MANAGEMENT – SIMULATOR BASED COURSE
Against this backdrop, an appreciation of the ‘Human Elements’ and performance of effective leadership are critical success factors.
The Course augments the basic concepts of human resource management with an in-depth understanding of the ‘Human Factors’ for developing leadership skills.
While presentations, discussions and case-studies explore the resource management concepts, the simulation exercises (carried out on integrated Full-mission Bridge and Engine-room Simulators) reinforce the learning through application of the concepts in a simulated environment.
The Course is intended to serve as a catalyst for behavioural and attitudinal changes required for effective leadership and building a strong ‘safety culture’.
The MRM-SIM Course was custom-designed by the Ship Modeling and Simulation Centre (SMSC), Trondheim, for Wilhelmsen Ship Management, with IMTC as a partner in Course delivery and development. The Course is now conducted independently by IMTC.
The Course fulfills the training requirements for competencies stated in STCW 2010 (Manila amendments) as follows :
- Table A-II/1, A-III/1, & A-III/6 : “Application of Leadership and Team-working Skills”
- Table A II/2 & A/III 2 – “Use of Leadership and Managerial Skill”
To enhance Leadership skills of the participants by :
- Providing an understanding of human factors and their impact on performance in the work environment.
- Increasing the effectiveness of resource management practices for enhancing Vessel safety, efficiency, and environment protection.
- Enabling behavioural changes as necessary for developing positive attitudes towards the safe and efficient operation of Vessels.
Duration: Five days (35 Hrs.)
Suggested Target Group:
All Management and Operational level staff on board,
who have preferably attended BRM/ERM/MRM Courses, and Operations Managers ashore.
- Introduction to MRM
- Situational Awareness, Human-Machine Interface
- Culture management ; Conflict management
- Stress and Fatigue management
- Effective communication in the workplace
- Team-work and Team-building
- Leadership, Emotional competence, and Motivation
- Crises management ; Human behaviour in crises
- Case-Studies – analysis and synthesis
- Simulation Exercises on integrated Bridge and Engine-room Simulators