Bridge and engine room resource management course
This course focuses on the development of human resources and managerial skills of the participants.The course is designed on the lines of “Crew Resource Management” Course of the Aviation Industry. It is highly interactive, involving a number of group discussions, case-studies, and role-play exercises.
The Course fulfills the training requirements for competencies stated in STCW 2010 (Manila amendments) as follows :
- STCW Code A II/1, A III/1, & A III/6 - “Application of Leadership and Teamworking Skills”
- STCW Code A II/2 & A/III 2 – “Use of Leadership and Managerial Skills”
- To identify the human resources and managerial skills necessary for enhancing safety, efficiency, and contingency management on board.
- To describe the ways of developing these human resources and managerial skills.
- To recognize the need of developing a positive attitude so as to make the best utilization of the knowledge and skills.
Duration: Four days (26 Hrs.)
Suggested Target Group: All management and Operational level staff on board. Managerial shore staff may also attend.
- Introduction to ‘Human Resource Management’ Effective Communication Communication in an Operational Environment
- Understanding the ‘Human Factors’
- Situational Awareness
- Stress Management
- Fatigue Management
- Time and Workload Management
- Culture Management
- Managing Across Cultures
- Effective Team-work
- Management and Leadership
- Error Management
- Contingency management
- Integrated Case-studies