safety and improvement reporting system
All accidents, near-accidents, non-conformities, customer remarks, inspections/audits and suggestions for improvement can be easily reported with event, cause and consequence details. Developed to help ship owners meet the requirements of Section 9 of the ISM Code and ISO 9000, SAFIR is a powerful tool to improve safety and quality management, identify why and how incidents occur on board and learn from them.
Course Objectives: On successful completion of this course a participants shall be able to
- Work independently in their ship board tasks of reporting safety information using SAFIR as a Management tool.
- Gain skill and Experience through transfer of knowledge.
- Improve on the Processes on Safety and Quality Management.
Duration: 2 days
Suggest Target Group: All Management & Operational level officers serving on board, where the system is implemented
- Benefits & Aims of SAFIR.
- Database Creation - Creating reports related to non-conformities, near-accidents & accidents.
- Report Analysis & follow up.
- Experience and Knowledge Transfer Management.
- Understanding of statistics module to document and trace safety& quality non-conformities, near-accidents, accidents and associated costs.
- Understanding of Insurance module to enable better risk management and loss prevention.
- BASS Replicator transfer of information to/from office,
- System Administration - System settings and Code Structure.