Engine Equipment Maintenance Workshop
In the existing times of minimum manning on board vessels, with increasing challenges to maintain all the equipment under the tight schedules; a skilled engineer has to continuously enhance his technological skills, with an appropriate assessment and evaluation process to guide him.
This workshop based, practical oriented course, is designed to improve the participant's skills in following the procedures and safe practices required during overhauling. It allows him to gain confidence, estimate time and manpower requirements in the maintenance of equipment commonly placed under his care. It will make him understand the problem faced by crew members in certain equipments and tasks and be able to appreciate the need for co-coordinated teamwork.
Course Objective: Upon completion of this course, the participant will: Acquire the practical knowledge in overhauling of various types of pumps, centrifugal purifiers, air compressors and turbochargers by following the instructions given in the manufacturers manuals.
Duration: 5 days
Suggested Target Group: Any staff of the engine department and other ranks as per client's requirements.
- Practical use of tools, precision measuring instruments such as vernier, micrometers and dial gauge.
- Overhauling and alignment of centrifugal pumps (single and multistage), gear pump.
- Overhauling of Purifier (Selfjector SJ-10T).
- Overhauling of Air Compressor (Tanabe), similarities in overhauling diesel engines.
- Overhauling of Turbocharger (IHI Brown Boveri VTR 320).
- Routines and overhauling of Aux. engine Liner, Piston assembly, Cylinder head fittings, Fuel pump and Fuel valve.