Deep Fat Cooking system
The Unitor Deep Fat Cooking fire extinguishing system is designed for galley’s deep fat fryers onboard ships and offshore installations.
- Use a standard 9 litres water fire extinguisher with additives
- Tested according to ISO 15371: 2009
- Comply with SOLAS and approved by major classification societies (IACS)
- MED (Marine Equipment Directive) approved
- Provide protection for up to three deep fat fryers
- Easy and low cost installation with standard components
- All components on the galley hood in stainless steel
- All tubing and fittings of low pressure type
- Automatic operation with detection
- No electrical power required for operation
The Unitor Deep Fat Cooking system is a self-contained automatic fire extinguishing system providing fast and effective protection against fires in deep fat vats. It can protect one deep fat fryer (50 litres, 800mm x 400mm), or up to three deep fat fryers (each 27 litres, 400mm x 360mm). The system uses water with foam concentrate to extinguish fire. The foam forms a highly mobile film, which separates the flammable liquid from oxygen extinguishing the fire and preventing re-ignition.
The system has a 9 litres extinguisher with AFFF foam concentrate, which is installed near the deep fat fryers. This is connected to a pipe with discharge nozzles which are installed above the fryers under the galley hood and spray the extinguishing agent onto the fire. The length of the pipe work between the extinguisher and the nozzles can be up to 9 meter.
A chain of thermal fuse links, installed in the top centre of the cooker hood, triggers the system automatically at a temperature of 110 °C or higher. The system can also be activated manually, where the manual release handle is installed near the extinguisher or at a visible place for the galley crew.
An alarm relay box can be provided for alarms and for shutting down galley equipment.
|Material||steel, with primer & polyester coating|
|Colour||red, RAL 3000|
|CO2 cartridge size||80 grams|
|Test pressure||26 bar|
|Pressure at activation||6.5 bar|
|Design standard||NF – EN3, MED|
|– empty w/o trigger||6 kg|
|– full with trigger||16 kg|
|Material||steel, chrome plated|
|Dimension (mm)||Ø38 x 174w|
|Fixing details||bolt and nut, M8|
|Switch||1 pari NO/NC, IP 65|
|Material||stainless steel, 316 L|
|Flow rate @ 3 bar||0,98 (l/min)|
|Fixing details||bolt and nut. M8|
|Material||Stainless steel, 316 L