This course is aimed at fulfilling that need. It deals with the development of human resources and managerial skills of the participants. The course is highly interactive, involving a number of group discussions and case-studies, and role-play exercises using bridge and engine-room simulators.
- To identify the human resources and managerial skills necessary for enhancing safety, efficiency, and contingency management on board.
- To describe the ways of developing these human resources and managerial skills.
- To recognize the need of developing a positive attitude so as to make the best utilization of his knowledge and skills.
Duration: 4 days
Suggested Target Group:
All management and operational level staff on board. Shore staff may also attend.
- Introduction to B.E.R.M
- Human strengths and weaknesses - the mind / body concept
- Understanding the 'Human Factors'
- Effective communication
- Multicultural awareness
- Effective team-work
- Interaction between ranks
- Management and leadership on board
- Time management and workload
- Judgment and Decision-making
- The states of the mind
- Contingency management
- Integrated Case-studies
- Role-play exercises
- Summary - managing human resource